Model: Muela GAVILAN-C
The Gavilan can be your main fixed blade. Whether you are trekking, hunting or camping, a quality full-size blade like this will help you cut through obstacles. Literally.
Handles are rounded, so no sore hand even after a whole day of usage. The index finger groove helps ensure a high degree of control.
The CRYO-T treated thick full tang blade means it can handle tough tasks confidently. Read more about CRYO-T below.
- Total Length - 25.5cm / ~10"
- Handle Length - 13cm / ~5"
- Handle Material - Micarta
- Sheath Material - Leather
- Blade Length - 12.5cm / ~5"
- Blade Thickness - 4.5mm
- Blade Material - X50CrMoV15 stainless with cryogenic treatment (CRYO-T)
- Blade Hardness - 56-57 HRC
- Weight - 291g
- Weight with Sheath - 382g
- Paracord included
- Product Origin - Made in Spain
About X50CrMoV15 stainless steel:
X50CrMoV15 is a stainless steel type for kitchen or professional knives by A.O., a German manufacturer. The rust resistance is high and the cutting characteristics are exceptional.
About CRYO-T metal treatment process:
CRYO-T is Muela´s exclusive cryogenic process. After the metal is heat-treated, a cryogenic process is done to transform retained austenite into martensite by precipitating fine-carbides in sub-zero conditions.
Too technical? Then we just have to know it has the following key benefits on metal:
• Improved hardness
• Dimensional Stability
• Increased wear resistance
• Extended part lifetime