Zippo Black Crackle 28582 1941 Replica Lighter
This Black Crackle™ 1941 Replica case has flat planes with sharper, less rounded edges where the front and back surfaces meet the sides. The lid and the bottom are joined with a four-barrel hinge. Then, inside the unit is flatter, with squared edges where they meet the front and back surfaces meet the sides. It comes packaged in a gift box. You can fill it with Zippo lighter fuel for optimal performance.
- Genuine Zippo windproof lighter with distinctive Zippo "click"
- All metal construction; windproof design works virtually anywhere
- Refillable for a lifetime of use and we recommend genuine Zippo premium lighter fluid, flints, and wicks for optimum performance
- Made in the USA; Lifetime guarantee that "it works or we fix it free™"
- Fuel: Zippo lighter fuel which sold separately
Black Crackle Lighters
The Black Crackle lighter is the product that made Zippo Manufacturing Company what it is today- an American icon recognized throughout the world. From 1933 until 1942, Zippo lighter cases were manufactured from brass and chrome. During WWII, all brass material was supplied to the military effort and was not available for domestic use. Zippo produced a steel case lighter and inside the unit. Because the drawn steel cases had an uneven, unsightly finish, they were coated with a thick black material that baked to a crackled finish. Today, we apply a Black Wrinkle finish using a specially formulated powder coating process.
All Zippo windproof lighters are American made in our Bradford, PA factory.