PLEASE ALWAYS USE A SHARP KNIFE. Seriously.
A dull blade is actually more dangerous to use than one that is sharp because a dull blade requires more pressure to cut, increasing the chance that the knife will slip with great force behind it.
The good news is that now, we can help you take the "pening" out of your knife sharpening process.
Types of edge works:
- Sharpening (Working Edge)
- Sharp, functional, pretty.
- Sharpening (Polished Edge)
- Sharp, functional, prettier, stays sharp longer.
- Chip Removal
- To fix minor damages on edge.
- To change the angle on the blade.
The image below shows a sample of the polished edges. (Clearer reflection)
The image below shows a sample of the working edge. (Obscure reflection)
PROCESS FLOW (ONLINE):
(1) We will give you an address to send your knife.
(2) You send it.
(3) We send you back. Success.
2 types of kitchen knives:
Type 1: Cleaver
Type 2: Non-cleaver
* The cost of sharpening them differ.
1. How long does it take to have my blade sharpened?
Normally it is 7 days or less.
2. If I choose to sharpen my knife to a "polished edge", is it "mirror finish"?
It is near the mirror finish. Each steel reacts differently with polishing.
3. Is the price fixed?
Mostly yes. However, if the blade that is sent in for sharpening is in a bad shape, thus edge reprofiling service will be needed thus incurring an extra charge.
4. What if I do not agree on the price?
In this case, Thomas Tools will send you back the blade and give you a FULL refund inclusive of the shipping fee you paid.
1. Thomas Tools reserve the right to not sharpen any knife we deemed inappropriate. If you are unsure, please reach out to us. Thank you.