Zippo Black Crackle 236 Classic Lighter
The Black Crackle lighter is the product that made Zippo Manufacturing Company what it is today- an American icon recognized throughout the world. Comes packaged in a gift box. For optimal performance, fill with Zippo lighter fluid.
- Genuine Zippo windproof lighter with distinctive Zippo "click"
- All metal construction; windproof design works virtually anywhere
- Refillable for a lifetime of use; For optimum performance, we recommend genuine Zippo premium lighter fluid, flints, and wicks.
- Made in USA; Lifetime guarantee that "it works or we fix it free™"
- Fuel: Zippo premium lighter fluid (sold separately)
Black Crackle Lighters
The Black Crackle lighter is the product that made Zippo Manufacturing Company what it is today- an American icon recognized throughout the world. From 1933 until 1942, Zippo lighter cases were manufactured from brass and chrome. During WWII, all brass material was supplied to the military effort and was not available for domestic use. Zippo produced a steel case lighter and inside the unit. Because the drawn steel cases had an uneven, unsightly finish, they were coated with a thick black material that baked to a crackled finish. Today, we apply a Black Wrinkle finish using a specially formulated powder coating process.
All Zippo windproof lighters are american made in our Bradford, PA factory.